Manager, Networks Operations Systems
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Macy's is proudly America's Department Store. For more than 160
years, Macy's has served generations at every stage of their lives.
Customers come to us for fashion, value and celebration.
Macy's gives our customers the ability to choose their shopping
experience - in our stores, on our site, and through our app.
Macy's global Supply Chain manages the end-to-end process of
getting products to our customers, no matter how they choose to
shop. We deliver high-quality products to our customers wherever
needed, whether in-store, curbside, or right at their doorstep.
Every colleague in Supply Chain plays a vital role in creating a
positive customer experience. This is an opportunity to build a
dynamic career across various disciplines in a field marked by
rapid change, challenge, and continuous innovation.
Job OverviewPartners with the facility operations management,
engineering and MTech WMS Support team with all facets of
technology support including but not limited to trouble resolution
and special projects, with a strong emphasis on proactive measures
focused on thru put. This job is centrally located and reports to
Macys Supply Chain Network Systems Team.
- Primary system owner within Macy's supply chain CFCs, for all
warehouse management systems (WMS), including Pyramid (WCS) and
- First point of contact to investigate and troubleshoot WMS
issues at Customer Fulfilment centers
- First point of contact for all 3rd party CFC systems, including
but not limited to Pyramid, Beumer, Auto Boxer and Auto Bagger
- Research, troubleshoot and determine root cause of system
failures impacting operations, including escalation to appropriate
- Communicate Incident ticket resolution and root cause to the
- Partnering with Local Operations team, execute daily health
checks for system performance and follow up on issues
- Prioritize work requests submitted via service now tickets
- Participate in configuration, testing/validation and
implementation of WMS releases at Macy's
- coordinate and execute disaster recovery planning and testing
- Create training documents and resources for facility system
- Communicate daily with Facility Operations team on daily
productivity by function to ensure system is optimized to support
- Assist in training business partners and facility counterparts
on implemented systems and process changes
- Create and distribute ad hoc queries (SQL) as required for
Operations and senior leadership
- Assist in development of requirements for reports
- Manage schedules and expectations for multiple facilities
related to all WMS changes or enhancements and provide regular
- Document and enforce Standard Operating Procedures and best
practices; keep training manuals andrelated documentation updated
and available for local use
- Partner with Human Resources and the Asset protection team to
create job roles with the appropriate level of systems access and
controls, including managing on-going adjustments and
- Perform quarterly systems access audits and report results back
to Central WMS System Owner
- Systems project and support work may include some night/weekend
activity, including rotating on-call support.
- Promote Macy's supply chain objectives and business strategies
and work with various business partners and Macy's Tech to define
and implement solutions that meet those objectives.
- Demonstrate regular, dependable attendance & punctuality
- Other Operational responsibilities as detailed by central
- Bachelor's Degree from a 4-year college or university or
- 2 years experience direct to consumer (D2C) or retail
- Proven team leadership and development.
- Practices open and continuous communication, values keeping
others informed, effectively presenting information in a clear,
- Ability to effectively plan and execute strategies.
- Ability to solve problems as well as recognize issues and deal
with them directly
- Experience supporting warehousing systems and business
- Experience with Manhattan Associates Warehouse Management Open
Systems application preferred.
- Experience with material handling and warehousing control
systems, inbound/outbound carton sorters and unit sorter.
- Experience developing business intelligence tools and reports
using Microsoft SQL and SSRS
- Experience with conveyor and tilt tray sortation systems with
barcode scanning applications.
- Excellent leadership, organizational and communication
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction,
multiplication, division.Reasoning Ability:
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and make
- Excellent organizational, problem solving and decision-making
- Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Project
- AutoCAD a plus
- Sense of Urgency
- Analytical trouble shooting skills. Detail Oriented
- Excellent Leadership and experience leading and providing
direction to Contractors
- Position requires prolonged periods of standing/walking around
facility or department
- This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for
extended periods of time, hearing, and talking
- May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus
adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of
- Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other
- May involve moving or lifting items up to 10 pounds.
- Travel Required 50%
Candidates in Colorado: Click here to find Pay Range information
and here to learn about Benefits.
Keywords: Macy's, Warren , Manager, Networks Operations Systems, Executive , Warren, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!