Company: Family and Community Services Inc
Posted on: June 20, 2022
Full Time (40 hours/week)
Monday - Friday
No Nights, Weekends
POSITION TITLE: Billing Manager
DEPARTMENT/PROGRAM: Counseling Programs
REPORTS TO: Executive Director of Behavioral Health
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: Manages all agency billing and
collection-related functions, to ensure that they are completed
efficiently, timely, and in compliance with all agency, local and
state guidelines. Responsible for establishing, documenting,
implementing, and monitoring agency billing and collection policies
and procedures. Direct supervision of Billing Department.
1. Oversee the maintenance of Carelogic as the System
2. Responsible for the hiring and training of Billing Department
3. Assign tasks and supervise activities of all billing department
4. Coordinate end-of-month billing procedures.
5. Keep up to date of Ohio Medicaid rules, policies of Managed Care
Organizations, the Mental Health Boards as well as changes in
submission rules for various payers.
6. Oversee preparation of regular monthly, quarterly, and annual
reports for management and clinical use.
7. Maintain staff access/security passwords to the Carelogic
8. Researching and fixing billing errors and claim denials
9. Payer setup, fee matrices, procedure codes, modifiers, programs,
groups, activities. Service document creation and crosswalk. Claim
rollup rules, menu management. New employee setup including
schedule, location and credentials.
10. DrFirst enrollment. Enrolling new staff in DrFirst, ordering
new and replacement tokens, activating providers for EPCS. Manage
provider agents. Qualifacts tickets.
11. Complies with agency policies and procedures, COA regulations,
federal and state requirements, and
12. All other duties as assigned.
1. Extensive knowledge of behavioral health care billing
2. Knowledge of Carelogic, Qualifacts and DrFirst
3. The position requires a valid driver's license, reliable
transportation, and adequate levels of insurance and/or
4. Must be able to meet agency requirements for criminal background
MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL/LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor's Degree
preferred. Certified Billing and Coder Credentials preferred.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: 3-5 years experience required:
--- Carelogic, Qualifacts and DrFirst.
--- All billing/AR for commercial insurance, medicare, Medicaid,
county boards, diversion, self pay, some parts of contract
--- Billing through clearinghouses for Commercial, Medicaid,
Medicare, School and County.
--- Secondary billing for Medicare and Commercial
--- Self-pay billing
--- Sending electronic files through Medicaid.
--- Knowledge of billing for Ohio Rise.
--- Process failed activities, failed claims, claim approval, claim
batches, EDI submissions, retrieve and post Remittance Advices,
post EOB's, denials, update and maintain client payer info, create
Keywords: Family and Community Services Inc, Warren , Billing Manager, Executive , Warren, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!