Mechanical Maintenance Manager
Company: Cleveland-Cliffs Steel LLC
Posted on: November 14, 2023
Cleveland-Cliffs Steel has an immediate opportunity for a
Mechanical Maintenance Manager at our Warren, OH Coke Plant. The
Mechanical Maintenance Manager provides first-line supervision and
direction to a crew of skilled-trades workers through the
successful completion of assigned maintenance duties on steel
production-related equipment and facilities in a timely and
efficient manner. Key accountability would include maintaining
Company standards regarding safety, quality, and final
specifications for departmental manufacturing processes.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Managing the maintenance of mechanical equipment and providing
the day-to-day supervision of the Maintenance Technician Mechanics
(MTMs) within assigned division.
- Develop into a maintenance expert for the maintenance systems
within assigned area.
- Act as a coach to employees and ensure that they have the tools
and knowledge required to safely perform their job.
- Manage spending budget using project management skills, and a
thorough understanding of the process needed to properly maintain
the equipment in assigned area.
- Interact with Purchasing, Operations, Maintenance, Op
Tech/Continuous Improvement, Accounting, Engineering, Vendors and
Suppliers and counterparts from other plants.
- Develop a maintenance strategy that would ensure a high level
of equipment reliability.
- This position would be a daylight shift but should also be
available on an on-call basis for nights and weekends.
- Other duties as assisgned.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent from an accredited
- At least 2 years' experience in heavy combustion, refinery,
manufacturing or within military skilled craft fields.
- Strong mechanical maintenance aptitude, strong leadership and
team building skills
- Computer skills including Word, Excel, Power Point and exposure
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn other site-specific computer
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited educational institution in
Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Steel mill or coke plant experience is preferred.
- Exposure to a computer-based PM program and/or to an equipment
reliability program.Mechanical Maintenance Manager Applicants for
this position must be currently legally authorized to work in the
United States on a full-time basis.
Cleveland-Cliffs Inc. is the largest flat-rolled steel company and
the largest iron ore pellet producer in North America. The Company
is vertically integrated from mined raw materials, direct reduced
iron, and ferrous scrap to primary steelmaking and downstream
finishing, stamping, tooling, and tubing. We offer an excellent
total compensation package including top pay with variable
compensation opportunity, health insurance, retirement plan,
education assistance, paid time off, and more!
Cleveland-Cliffs Inc. is committed to working with and providing
reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If,
because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable
accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send
an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-(312) 899-3097
and let us know the nature of your request and your contact
information. Do not email your application materials to this email
address. Application materials sent to this email address will not
Cleveland-Cliffs Inc. is an equal opportunity employer -
M/F/Veteran/Disability. We are a drug-free workplace and conduct
pre-employment screening as a condition of employment.
Keywords: Cleveland-Cliffs Steel LLC, Warren , Mechanical Maintenance Manager, Executive , Warren, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!