Seasonal Manager, Bailey Road - Full Time (2045)
Location: North Jackson
Posted on: November 16, 2023
Macy's is proudly America's Department Store. There's a reason
we've been around for 160 years. Customers come to us for fashion,
value, and high-quality products. Now is an exciting time to join
Macy's. The face of retail is changing, and change requires
Online sales are booming at Macy's. Our Distribution Center teams
are key to our success in the modern retail landscape. They make
sure that products arrive at our stores - and each customer's
doorstep - on time, in perfect condition. Behind the scenes, a lot
goes into getting products to customers. When a shopper makes an
online purchase, we plan, prep, and package the merchandise to get
it delivered as quickly and efficiently as possible - across the
country and around the world. It takes a lot of smart people
working together to make that happen, and so there are many roles
you can play, including (but not limited to): material handlers,
equipment drivers, inventory control, packers, quality assurance,
safety specialists, asset protection, and many more. Whatever role
you play - we value you as a colleague. Choose the challenge that's
right for you!
Macy's Department Hourly Supervisors perform all functions related
to operational job duties in addition to supervising associates in
a given work area or areas as assigned.
- Ensures safe workplace behaviors are taught, emphasized and
used at all times.
- Assist in establishing team pride in maintaining orderliness
and facility housekeeping.
- Provides hands-on direction to colleagues for the operation of
the fulfillment center so that they contribute to the overall
successful movement of merchandise within established levels of
service, accuracy, and productivity standards.
- Trains, cross-trains and certifies colleagues in all
operational areas as requested. Recognizes training deficiencies
and works with manager to retrain/address issues.
- Assists in the development of all hourly colleagues and works
to stimulate growth of highly performing team members.
- Provides guidance to daily operations activities to ensure a
high degree of coordination and cooperation between different
areas, maintenance of clean and organized work place and the
personal safety of all colleagues.
- Practices open and continuous communication; values keeping
others well informed; presents written and verbal ideas or feedback
in easily understood ways; will be asked to conduct daily team
- Recognizes and celebrates individual and team performance with
positive reinforcement. Ensures colleagues are working towards
continuous improvement goals and objectives. Enlists colleagues to
offer suggestions for process/culture improvement and champions
- Demonstrates strong reliability. Qualifications and
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- 1-2 years related experience
- Ability to read and interpret instructional documents such as
safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and
- Resourceful self-starter, works well independently as well as
part of a team
- Must be proficient in the use of computers and handheld
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including day, evening,
weekends, and/or holidays Essential Physical Requirements :
- Position requires prolonged periods of standing/walking around
store or department
- May involve reaching, crouching, kneeling, stooping, climbing
ladders, depth perception and color vision
- Frequent use of computers and other technology necessary to
perform job duties, including handheld electronic equipment.
- Frequently lift/move up to 50lbs WAREHOUSE00
Supply Chain Only and Colleagues Working in a Supply Chain Facility
except in locations governed by a Collective Bargaining
Random drug testing for all colleagues will be conducted on a
monthly or semi-monthly basis, depending upon factors including but
not limited to the size of the facility and the number of
colleagues on roll. Colleagues will be randomly selected for
testing by a third party. Testing must be completed on the same
workday the colleague is informed of selection for testing, absent
extenuating circumstances. In all circumstances, testing must be
completed within 24 hours of notification.
This position may be eligible for performance-based
incentives/bonuses. Benefits include 401k,
medical/vision/dental/life/disability insurance options, PTO
accruals, Holidays, and more. Eligibility requirements may apply
based on location, job level, classification, and length of
employment. Additional benefit details are available at .
Keywords: Macys, Warren , Seasonal Manager, Bailey Road - Full Time (2045), Executive , North Jackson, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!