Registered Nurse (RN) Medical/Surgical St. Joseph-Warren
Company: Mercy Health
Posted on: June 18, 2022
Thank you for considering a career at Mercy Health
Join our team today!
* $10,000 Sign on Bonus for RN with 1+ years of experience or
$15,000 for 2 year commitment for Night Shift
* $5,000 Sign on Bonus for New Grads or $7,500 for 2 year
commitment for Night Shift
* Higher Pay Scales and Sign-On Incentives
* Flexible Schedule to live the life you deserve
* Referral Bonus programs
* Paid Time Off
* Excellent Health Benefits (Anthem)
* Unlimited Tuition Reimbursement through Guild Education (only an
18 month commitment)
Summary of Primary Function/General Purpose of Position
The Registered Nurse Medical/Surgical functions as a care provider
of a multidisciplinary care team responsible for the delivery of
patient care through using the nursing process of assessment,
diagnosing, planning, implementation, and evaluation. The RN
possesses the basic knowledge of a patient's age and cultural
diversity into the provision of patient care, demonstrates strong
skills related to effective time management and prioritizing
patient care, contributes to the provision of quality nursing care
through performance improvement initiatives, collaborates with
other professional disciplines, and supports the mission of the
ministry to provide physical and psychological support to patients
Essential Job Functions
In collaboration with members of interdisciplinary teams, the RN
establishes goals and strategies for meeting the discharge or
continuing care needs with the patient. The RN performs and
documents complete patient assessments, initiates and maintains
current nursing care plans for all assigned patients, identifies
patient learning needs to provide individualized and comprehensive
teaching, administers medications in a safe manner consistent with
the State of Practice and Bon Secours Mercy Health policies and
procedures, serves as a point of contact for patients' care
coordination throughout the hospital departments, acts as a patient
safety advocate by participating in ongoing quality improvement in
the department, and serves as a patient advocate in collaboration
with spiritual care, palliative care, and ethics.
This document is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities,
skills, duties, requirements, or working conditions associated with
the job. Employees may be required to perform other job-related
duties as required by their supervisor, subject to reasonable
Current RN license in state they are working or covered by compact
BLS Basic Life Support (preferred upon hire, must obtain from
approved source prior to direct patient care)
ACLS Advanced Cardiac Life Support (preferred)
Medical-Surgical Nursing Certification RN-BC (Registered Nurse -
Board Certified) (preferred)
CCRN Critical Care Registered Nurse (preferred)
PCCN Progressive Care Certified Nurse (preferred)
CMSRN Certified Medical-Surgical Registered Nurse (preferred)
National Institute of Health (NIH) Stroke Certification
Bachelor of Science Nursing (preferred
* Assigns patient care according to the nursing skill, knowledge,
and scope of practice of staff.
* Orients, facilitates learning experience, and provides education
(based upon quality improvement indicators, outcomes, and
implementation) to nursing staff and others.
* Possesses clinical knowledge, skills, and competency to provide
evidence-based patient care in accordance with the current
standards of practice, policy and procedure, and BSMH mission.
* Performs comprehensive assessment of patient's clinical condition
and psychosocial needs of the patient and their supportive
* Safely and efficiently develops, implements, and prioritizes plan
* Application of the nursing process in patient care delivery.
* Assesses patient's physical and emotional responses to treatment
to evaluate effectiveness of intervention and patient outcomes;
revises plan of care accordingly.
* Assists patient and family in coping with patient's illness.
* Collaborates with others in the delivery of coordinated patient
* Strong interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills.
* Applies cultural diversity and inclusion principles when caring
for patients and their support resources.
* Recognizes own limitations and seeks assistance and acquires
information to perform safely.
* Advances personal and professional growth through participation
in educational programs, current literature, in-services, and
* Exhibits professionalism through accountability for own and
* Integrates cost-effective measures into practice and models
effective stewardship of available resources.
* Practices self-care and cultivates resilience in conflict and
* Protects the safety and privacy of all persons.
* Understanding and utilization of office and clinical
Mercy Health is an equal opportunity employer.
Many of our opportunities reward* your hard work with:
* Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
* Prescription drug coverage
* Flexible spending accounts
* Life insurance w/AD&D
* Employer contributions to retirement savings plan when
* Paid time off
* Educational Assistance
* And much more
* Benefits offerings vary according to employment status
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Afternoons/Nights (United States of America)
Med/Surg Unit 3 - St. Joseph
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or
protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on
the basis of disability. If you'd like to view a copy of the
affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health -
Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours - Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg,
Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and
Equal Opportunity Employer, please email email@example.com. If
you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a
reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection
process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at
Keywords: Mercy Health, Warren , Registered Nurse (RN) Medical/Surgical St. Joseph-Warren, Healthcare , Warren, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!