School-Based Therapist (Full Time and Part Time available)
Company: Family and Community Services Inc
Posted on: August 4, 2022
School-Based Therapist Valley Counseling Services GENERAL
STATEMENT OF DUTIES: This position is primarily located within a
school setting delivering mental health counseling services to
children and/or adolescents. ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Completes psychiatric diagnostic assessments to determine level
of care of medical necessity.
- Develop individual service plans in coordination with the
client and family.
- Provide behavioral health services including but not limited to
individual and group psychotherapy, case management, and
therapeutic behavioral support services.
- Attend staff meetings, court hearings, etc. based on needs of
- Provide linkages to community resources to support students and
- Facilitate district and building-specific programming,
potentially for all grade levels.
- Provide consultation with faculty and district administrators
on shared initiatives.
- Serve as a link between school and family for the district
through home visits and other means.
- Assist in providing staff development and community
- May provide whole classroom social-emotional instruction and
provide support for whole building initiatives.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings, in-service training,
- Utilize Trauma Informed care when appropriate with
- Follow agency guidelines on documentation standards and achieve
a 60% productivity average each pay period.
- Maintain productive and professional relationships with school
personnel and other agency staff.
- Job Assignment is contingent upon the direction/funding of the
partnering school district/ESC and can be severed at any time based
on the expressed wishes of the district/ESC. Continued employment
will be at the sole discretion of the employer.
- Work effectively within a school setting following their rules
and regulations and following the lead of the school administrator
- Attend all training required by school personal such as CPI,
SEL, trauma informed care or any other required training.
- Maintain current working knowledge of all F&CS policies,
school policies, COA standards, and OMHAS standards.
- Perform other assigned and related duties specific and
customary to the department in which they are assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: 1. The position requires the skills and knowledge
in the areas of behavior modification, mental health and substance
use disorder treatment, de-escalation techniques, community support
and the educational process. 2. The position also requires the
ability to respond appropriately to crisis or emergency situations.
3. The position requires the ability to communicate effectively
verbally and in writing; the ability to establish and maintain
effective relationships with clients, their families, educational
personnel, and agency staff. 4. Must be able to meet agency
requirements for criminal back ground check (Ohio Bureau of
Criminal Identification & Investigation). MINIMUM
EDUCATIONAL/LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS: Master's Degree with a license
in Social Work or Counseling is required. State of Ohio licensure,
LSW, LPC, LISW, LICDC. MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS : Experience
working in the mental health or classroom environment is preferred.
Prior community support experience preferred. PI186381465
Keywords: Family and Community Services Inc, Warren , School-Based Therapist (Full Time and Part Time available), Healthcare , Warren, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!