Company: Core Civic
Posted on: November 18, 2022
At CoreCivic, our mental health teams make lasting changes in
the lives of offenders, as we set the standards of care in the
industry.NOW OFFERING STARTING SALARY OF $125,000Annual Bonus
Eligible. -CoreCivic is currently seeking Psychologists who have a
passion for providing the highest quality care in an institutional
The successful candidate should be able to perform ALL of the
following functions at a pace and level of performance consistent
with the actual job performance requirements.
- Conducts psychological screenings and assessments based on
review of available records, and clinical interviews with
- As part of a mental health team, confers with other clinical
staff, e.g., psychiatrists, mental health service providers,
physicians, nurses, social workers, in order to gather and provide
information concerning patient psychological problems, to ensure
treatment activities are well integrated, and patient care
- Provides treatment to inmates by developing, implementing, and
modifying individual treatment plans based on evaluation of needs
and level of functioning.
- Makes regular rounds in segregation or other confined housing
areas to assess inmate adjustment and mental health treatment
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of psychological counseling
theory and techniques by way of treatments and activities used for
individuals in caseload. -
- Provides appropriate mental health assessments, counseling, and
confrontation avoidance interventions to address the needs of
inmates in crisis.
- Consults with psychiatry, mental health, nursing, medical,
educational, chaplain, security staff, and others, as applicable to
gather information and understanding into the reasons for the
escalation of problems behaviors and changes in mental health
condition of inmates.
- Graduate from an accredited college or university with a
Doctoral degree in Psychology.
- Must possess a current, unrestricted license to practice
psychology in the state where practice occurs.
- Must have two years clinical experience, which includes one
year in a comparable position.
- A valid driver's license is required.
- Minimum age requirement: Must be at least 18 years of age. -
-CoreCivic is a Drug-Free Workplace & EOE including
Keywords: Core Civic, Warren , Psychologist, Healthcare , Warren, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!