Staff Nurse Special Care Nursery
Company: Akron Children's Hospital
Posted on: September 14, 2023
About Akron Children's Hospital Akron Children's Hospital has
been caring for children since 1890, and our pediatric specialties
are ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report.
With two hospital campuses, regional health centers and more than
50 primary and specialty care locations throughout Ohio, we're
making it easier for today's busy families to find the high-quality
care they need. In 2020, our health care system provided more than
1.1 million patient encounters. We also operate neonatal and
pediatric units in the hospitals of our regional health care
partners. Every year, our Children's Home Care Group nurses provide
thousands of in-home visits, and our School Health nurses manage
clinic visits for students from preschool through high school. With
our Quick Care Online virtual visits and Akron Children's Anywhere
app, we're here for families whenever and wherever they need us.
Learn more at akronchildrens.org. OUR PROMISES
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reason We are seeking people who
are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients,
family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and
personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive. Full
Time (36 hours per week) 7:00pm to 7:30am Summary: The Staff Nurse
provides nursing care requiring specialized knowledge judgment and
skill derived from the principles of biological, physical,
behavioral, social and nursing sciences. Responsibilities:
1. Assesses, plans, implements, evaluates and directs nursing care
with a focus on family centered care for individuals or groups of
patients within the assigned scope of practice.
2. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care
for the physical, psychosocial, educational, and safety needs of
the patients served regardless of age and developmental status is
3. Performs leadership and professional duties.
4. Performs patient-centered care duties.
5. Performs quality improvement and safety duties.
6. Participates in the development education for staff members for
clinically related issues. May be responsible for precepting new
employees and act as a mentor to the clinical staff.
7. Performs evidence-based practice duties.
8. Supports the provider staff and actively promotes collaboration
for efficient operation and quality care, and legendary customer
service for pediatric patients using a team approach.
9. Performs systems-based practice duties.
10. Performs informatics and technology duties.
11. Staff may be temporarily assigned to an area throughout the
Akron Children's Hospital enterprise, based on patient needs
requiring similar knowledge and skill.
12. Other duties as required.
1. Demonstrated ability to provide leadership, guidance and
motivation to other staff members with emphasis on working as a
collaborative team to provide quality service to patients and their
2. Strong communication skills, both verbal and written are
3. Excellent customer service and interpersonal communication
skills are required.
4. Strong organizational skills are required.
5. Ability to work well under pressure to prioritize and complete
required tasks and responsibilities in a timely and accurate
6. Experience working with various levels within an organization is
7. Experience in healthcare is preferred.
8. Experience working in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word) or
similar software is required.
9. Experience working an electronic medical record system (i.e.
EPIC) or similar software is preferred.
Education and Experience
1. Education: Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) is required or
must be obtained within 5 years from date of hire.
2. Current certification in Basic Life Support training from the
American Heart Association is required. Additional certifications
may be required based on the assigned department or unit.
3. Licensed as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the state of Ohio is
4. Years of relevant experience: Minimum of one (1) year of
experience is preferred.
5. Years of experience supervising: None Full Time FTE: 0.900000
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of
Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn
Position: GEN NURSING
Keywords: Akron Children's Hospital, Warren , Staff Nurse Special Care Nursery, Healthcare , Warren, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!