Staff Nurse Urgent Care
Company: Akron Children's Hospital
Posted on: November 19, 2023
About Akron Children's Hospital
Akron Children's Hospital has been caring for children since 1890,
and our pediatric specialties are ranked among the nation's best by
U.S. News & World Report. With two hospital campuses, regional
health centers and more than 50 primary and specialty care
locations throughout Ohio, we're making it easier for today's busy
families to find the high-quality care they need. In 2020, our
health care system provided more than 1.1 million patient
encounters. We also operate neonatal and pediatric units in the
hospitals of our regional health care partners. Every year, our
Children's Home Care Group nurses provide thousands of in-home
visits, and our School Health nurses manage clinic visits for
students from preschool through high school. With our Quick Care
Online virtual visits and Akron Children's Anywhere app, we're here
for families whenever and wherever they need us. Learn more at
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reason We are seeking people who
are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients,
family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and
personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
24 hours per week
The Staff Nurse provides nursing care requiring specialized
knowledge judgment and skill derived from the principles of
biological, physical, behavioral, social and nursing sciences.
1. Assesses, plans, implements, evaluates and directs nursing care
with a focus on family centered care for individuals or groups of
patients within the assigned scope of practice.
2. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care
for the physical, psychosocial, educational, and safety needs of
the patients served regardless of age and developmental status is
3. Performs leadership and professional duties.
4. Performs patient-centered care duties.
5. Performs quality improvement and safety duties.
6. Participates in the development education for staff members for
clinically related issues. May be responsible for precepting new
employees and act as a mentor to the clinical staff.
7. Performs evidence-based practice duties.
8. Supports the provider staff and actively promotes collaboration
for efficient operation and quality care, and legendary customer
service for pediatric patients using a team approach.
9. Performs systems-based practice duties.
10. Performs informatics and technology duties.
11. Staff may be temporarily assigned to an area throughout the
Akron Children's Hospital enterprise, based on patient needs
requiring similar knowledge and skill.
12. Other duties as required.
1. Demonstrated ability to provide leadership, guidance and
motivation to other staff members with emphasis on working as a
collaborative team to provide quality service to patients and their
2. Strong communication skills, both verbal and written are
3. Excellent customer service and interpersonal communication
skills are required.
4. Strong organizational skills are required.
5. Ability to work well under pressure to prioritize and complete
required tasks and responsibilities in a timely and accurate
6. Experience working with various levels within an organization is
7. Experience in healthcare is preferred.
8. Experience working in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word) or
similar software is required.
9. Experience working an electronic medical record system (i.e.
EPIC) or similar software is preferred.
Education and Experience
1. Education: Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) is required or
must be obtained within 5 years from date of hire.
2. Current certification in Basic Life Support training from the
American Heart Association is required. Additional certifications
may be required based on the assigned department or unit.
3. Licensed as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the state of Ohio is
4. Years of relevant experience: Minimum of one (1) year of
experience is preferred.
5. Years of experience supervising: None
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of
Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn
Position: GEN NURSING
Keywords: Akron Children's Hospital, Warren , Staff Nurse Urgent Care, Healthcare , Warren, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!