Team Leader Bakery
Company: Giant Eagle
Posted on: January 6, 2022
Job Summary"Our Bakery Team Leader manages the entire bakery
team and keeps it running like a well-oiled machine. You'll be the
one who Team Members and guests look to for guidance to design the
best birthday cake and arrange the yummiest platters for their
parties! Leaders are accountable for the operating performance of
the department at all times. Be a Leader by representing the
organization in a professional manner. Promote and develop
individuals with mutual respect, inclusion, diversity and dignity.
Coach Team Members on a regular basis with timely feedback -
identify opportunities for development and coach for success. "Job
- Experience Required: Retail work experience or Store Leader
- Experience Desired: Retail leadership or supervisory
experience; Successful performance as a Peer Trainer or other
similar role; Successful performance as an in-store champion (e.g.,
safety, service, wellness) or similar role; Demonstrated product
knowledge relevant to department; Satisfactory performance and
- Education Required: High school diploma or equivalent
- Certification or Licensing Required: Varies by department
- Lifting Requirement: Up to 50 pounds
- Travel Required: None
- Age Requirement: At least 18 years of age
- Your principal, main, major or most important duty includes one
or some combination of the following tasks:
1. interview, select and train Team Members;
2. direct the work of Team Members;
3. appraise Team Members' productivity and efficiency for the
purpose of recommending promotions or other changes in status;
4. handle Team Member issues including, but not limited to
5. discipline Team Members;
6. plan the work;
7. distribute or assign the work among Team Members;
8. provide for the safety and security of Team Members or the
9. manage the budget for your department or location;
10. manage inventory for your department or location; or
11. monitor or implement compliance measures
- Direct, oversee, and evaluate training provided to department
Team Members to reduce turnover, promote efficiency and control
- Provide motivational leadership to an amazing team by focusing
on respect and by setting an exemplary example.
- Identify strengths and opportunities of the team and think
strategically when making moves and scheduling.
- Develop future leaders, identify Team Members who are poised to
rise through the ranks and remember our people are our best
- Nurture an environment of inclusion and diversity, giving each
Team Member a voice.
- Maintain safety as the top priority in all aspects of our work:
for Team Members, for guests and for products.
- Inspire the team and our guests with a passion for food and a
willingness to go the extra mile to provide the best product.
- Set and reach aggressive sales and profit goals by making
suggestions when appropriate, while also managing shrink.
- Establish an ongoing communication plan with the team, ensuring
that all Team Members are informed and prepared to put their best
- Communicate with the merchandising team to ensure that
promotions are properly communicated to Team Members and
- Make innovative plans and suggestions to improve our
- Review and analyze both stores financial, LOB reports, and
historical reports to improve performance in sales, profits,
shrink, labor controls, and reduction.
- Oversee period inventories for accuracy and monitor weekly
fluctuations in inventory and shrink dollars."About UsAt Giant
Eagle Inc., we're more than just food, fuel and convenience. We're
one giant family of diverse and talented Team Members. Our people
are the heart and soul of our company. It's why we strive to create
a nurturing environment that offers countless career opportunities
to grow. Deep caring and solid family values are what makes us the
one of the top work places for jobs in the Greater Pittsburgh,
Cleveland, Columbus and Indianapolis Areas. From our Warehouses to
our GetGo's, our grocery Stores through our Corporate home office
we are working together to put food on shopper's tables' and smiles
on their faces. We're always searching for the best Team Members to
welcome to our family. We invite you to join our Giant Eagle
family. Come start a lasting career with us.
Keywords: Giant Eagle, Warren , Team Leader Bakery, Hospitality & Tourism , Warren, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!