LPN (for DD Workshop)
Posted on: May 3, 2021
CLW is looking for a full-time Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) to
maintain the health and safety of our clients with developmental
disabilities and provide medical attention when appropriate. This
position is at our day program located in . This position will be
full-time, dayshift hours, Monday - Friday.
As an LPN at CLW you will be responsible for the following:
- Dispense medication to clients when appropriate and maintain
accurate records of such dispersals.
- Assessment and treatment of client illnesses and injuries, as
well as, ensuring that clients get further treatment, when
- Monitor and record all symptoms of mental or physical ailments
suffered by any client.
- Administer medical care to clients pursuant to orders by a
physician or other licensed health professional.
- Administer basic first aid, when appropriate.
- Develop and administer appropriate protective and preventative
health measures, in conjunction with other staff and each clients
Individual Service Plan.
- Motivate clients to participate in active treatment
- Assist clients to be as independent as possible.
- Ensure that clients physical and personal needs are met timely
- Instruct clients in the areas of maladaptive behavior
reduction, self-help skills, communication skills, community living
skills, domestic skills, prevocational skills, and ADL skills, as
- Maintain complete, accurate, and legible documentation of all
programs, care given, and adverse behaviors.
- Model appropriate behavior when interacting with other clients
- Protect clients from physical, mental, and verbal abuse, and
ensure the protection of all individual and human rights of the
- Report any incidents adversely affecting the health and safety
of a client to the Administrator.
- Ensure compliance at all times with the clients Individual
- Provide transportation of clients and ensure that all motor
vehicles are in good working condition before any use.
- Perform other duties as assigned or directed.
The successful candidate will have:
- A valid nursing license issued by the state of Ohio.
- Mathematical and logical skills necessary to diagnose and treat
clients, as well as, administer medication.
- Prior experience working with individuals with developmental
- Prior experience carrying out behavior plans and other programs
- Ability to deal appropriately and effectively with clients and
- Effective communication (both written and verbal) and
Education and Experience
- Associates degree, diploma, or Bachelors degree in nursing from
an accredited college or university or graduate of a state approved
CLW offers our staff the following benefits:
- 401K with company match
- Life insurance
- Paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- And much more.....
Apply for your new career today!
Keywords: CLW, Warren , LPN (for DD Workshop), Other , Warren, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!