Registered Nurse (Patient Aligned Care Team)
Company: Department of Veterans Affairs
Posted on: May 3, 2021
The VA Northeast Ohio Healthcare System is recruiting for a
Registered Nurse (Patient Aligned Care Team). The Registered Nurse
(PACT) will function in Community Outpatient Service at the Warren
VA Outpatient Clinic. The Registered Nurse (PACT) should
demonstrate advanced clinical knowledge, leadership and master of
nursing practice in delivering efficient, comprehensive and
continuous patient-driven holistic care.
Learn more about this agency
The Registered Nurse (Patient Aligned Care Team) duties
- Support for Covid-19 and other pandemic initiatives including
screening, triaging, collecting specimens, administering vaccines
and monitoring post-vaccination for reactions.
- Working in partnership with an assigned primary care provider
and team of clinicians to manage patients with chronic disease in
both one-on-one encounters and group encounters. Disease processes
include but are not limited to: congestive heart failure, diabetes,
COPD, and hypertension.
- Triaging and applying a collaborative team approach in
identifying, analyzing, and resolving patient care problems, and
developing care goals for resolving patient care problems.
- Participating in interdisciplinary meetings with patients,
families and team interactions to facilitate collaboration.
- Initiating and participating in quality improvement activities
that result in improved outcomes.
- Maintaining a current knowledge of multidisciplinary resources,
programs and service, to include community resources as
appropriate, collaborating with services internal and external to
the VA to facilitate care transition to effectively meet the
- Supporting Primary Care/Mental Health Integration
- Supporting patient care via Tele-Health, secure messaging, and
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Conditions of Employment
- You must be a U.S. Citizen to apply for this job
- Designated and/or random drug testing required
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after
- You may be required to serve a probationary period
- Subject to a background/security investigation
- Must be proficient in written and spoken English
- Selected applicants will be required to complete an online
- Must pass pre-employment physical examination
To qualify for this position, applicants must meet all
requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
- United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed
when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance
with VA Policy.
- Graduate of a school of professional nursing approved by the
appropriate State-accrediting agency and accredited by one of the
following accrediting bodies at the time the program was completed
by the applicant: The Accreditation Commission for Education in
Nursing (ACEN) or The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
(CCNE). In cases of graduates of foreign schools of professional
nursing, possession of current, full, active and unrestricted
registration will meet the requirement of graduation from an
approved school of professional nursing. OR The completion of
coursework equivalent to a nursing degree in a MSN Bridge Program
that qualifies for professional nursing registration constitutes
the completion of an approved course of study of professional
nursing. Students should submit the certificate of professional
nursing to sit for the NCLEX to the VA along with a copy of the MSN
transcript. (Reference VA Handbook 5005, Appendix G6) OR In cases
of graduates of foreign schools of professional nursing, possession
of a current, full, active and unrestricted registration will meet
the requirement for graduation from an approved school of
- Current, full, active, and unrestricted registration as a
graduate professional nurse in a State, Territory or Commonwealth
(i.e., Puerto Rico) of the United States, or the District of
- At least six years of recent inpatient or primary care nursing
- Experience in at least two different practice settings,
preferably as inpatient in medical-surgical, ER, or ICU.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree.
Grade Determinations: The following criteria must be met in
determining the grade assignment of candidates, and if appropriate,
the level within a grade:
- Nurse I Level I - An Associate Degree (ADN) or Diploma in
Nursing, with no additional nursing practice/experience
- Nurse I Level II - An ADN or Diploma in Nursing and
approximately 1 year of nursing practice/experience; OR an ADN or
Diploma in Nursing and a bachelor's degree in a related field with
no additional nursing practice/experience; OR a Bachelor's of
Science in Nursing (BSN) with no additional nursing
- Nurse I Level III - An ADN or Diploma in Nursing and
approximately 2-3 years of nursing practice/experience; OR an ADN
or Diploma in Nursing and a Bachelor's degree in a related field
and approximately 1-2 years of nursing practice/experience; OR a
BSN with approximately 1-2 years of nursing practice/experience; OR
a Master's degree in nursing (MSN) or related field with a BSN and
no additional nursing practice/experience.
- Nurse II - A BSN with approximately 2-3 years of nursing
practice/experience; OR ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a Bachelor's
degree in a related field and approximately 2-3 year's of nursing
practice/experience; OR a Master's degree in nursing or related
field with a BSN and approximately 1-2 year's of nursing
practice/experience; OR a Doctoral degree in nursing or meets basic
requirements for appointment and has doctoral degree in a related
field with no additional nursing practice/experience required.
- Nurse III - Master's degree in nursing or related field with
BSN and approximately 2-3 year's of nursing practice/experience; OR
a Doctoral degree and approximately 2-3 year's of nursing
Reference: VA Regulations, specifically VA Handbook 5005, Part
II, Appendix G-6 Nurse Qualification Standard. This can be found in
the local Human Resources Office.
Physical Requirements: Applicant must possess the ability to do
the following: heavy lifting and carrying, 45 pounds and over;
pulling, pushing and reaching above the shoulder; walking,
standing, kneeling and repeated bending.
IMPORTANT: A transcript must be submitted with your application
if you are basing all or part of your qualifications on
Note: Only education or degrees recognized by the U.S.
Department of Education from accredited colleges, universities,
schools, or institutions may be used to qualify for Federal
employment. You can verify your education here: http://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/.
If you are using foreign education to meet qualification
requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency
with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education.
For further information, visit:
Keywords: Department of Veterans Affairs, Warren , Registered Nurse (Patient Aligned Care Team), Other , Warren, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!