CT Technologist (Various Locations)
Company: Cleveland Clinic
Posted on: January 9, 2022
Provides computed tomography imaging and patient care services
at defined levels to patients of all ages. Maintains patient
- Checks and prepares patients prior to CT study.
- Acquires patients chart data/requisition and reviews both to
determine correct room set-up and learn of any specific medical
problems, contraindications to the study and verify that the study
being ordered correlates to the diagnostic needs.
- Verifies the patient 's demographic data is correct in all
- Assures patient's safety and comfort during procedures.
- Educates patient regarding procedure, equipment and exam to
ensure understanding and cooperation.
- Performs Daily QA.
- Assists with scheduling of patients as needed.
- Prepares and administers contrast media or medications within
the accepted scope of practice and applicable state and federal
- Performs VNA punctures as necessary and maintains
- Maintains all aspects of the CT area including the technical
and clerical components to ensure proper quality assurance results
and any required documentation.
- Keeps the area in a state of inspection readiness and
compliance (i.e. JCAHO, ODH, etc.)
- Acquires, archives, transmits, and prints images via PACS.
- Transmits images and appropriate paperwork after hours.
- Processes billing via RIS.
- Observes potential equipment dysfunctions and reports problems
to appropriate individuals.
- Maintains available equipment up-time at the highest level for
- Provides coverage as needed and is available to cover shifts as
- May be assigned to a primary site, but is required to cover
other modalities, sites and/or locations as needed.
- Instructs and mentors new hires and Radiology students.
- Continually strives to learn new technical information and
skills through attendance of periodic in-service programs and
participation in professional affiliation programs.
- Other duties as assigned.Education:
- Graduate of an AMA approved school of Radiologic
- Must be a Registered Technologist credentialed by The American
Registry of Radiologic Technologists R.T.(R) (ARRT), in good
- Certification in Computed Tomography (CT) required within one
year of hire: R.T.(R) (CT) (ARRT).
- Current state licensure required prior to employment.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.Complexity of
- Ability to communicate well with Radiologists and Physicians to
coordinate proper imaging of patients.
- Strong communication skills are essential to provide excellent
care to patients and families.
- Ability to work well with minimal or no direct
- Knowledge of cross-sectional anatomy and related pathologic
- Minimum one year experience as a General Radiologic
Technologist preferred.Physical Requirements:
- Requires standing and walking for extended periods of
- Must be able to lift or assist with lifting patients of varying
weight and manipulate equipment daily.Personal Protective
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective
equipment as required.
The policy of Cleveland Clinic Health System and its system
hospitals (Cleveland Clinic Health System) is to provide equal
opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment
in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of
employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and
nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for
employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for
employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic Health System's
Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions
after 90 days.
Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made
upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to
color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual
orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or
Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law.
Information provided on this application may be shared with any
Cleveland Clinic Health System facility.
Please review the
Cleveland Clinic Health System is pleased to be an equal employment
employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Individuals with
Schedule: Full Time
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Warren , CT Technologist (Various Locations), Other , Warren, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!