Environmental Health & Safety Engineer Specialist
Company: Primetals Technologies.
Posted on: January 15, 2023
Primetals Technologies is a joint venture of two powerful
companies in the metals industry, Siemens VAI Metals Technologies
and Mitsubishi-Hitachi Metals Machinery. Operating globally,
Primetals Technologies offers a world-class technology product
portfolio to guarantee excellence in metals production across the
entire value chain - from the raw materials to the finished
product. We provide fully integrated new technology, automation and
environmental solutions, high-end manufacturing capabilities and
comprehensive life-cycle services. Becoming a member of the
Primetals Technologies Team means that our customers can count on
reliable and dedicated support to master the challenges facing the
metals industry today and in the future. For our Employees, this
means abundant opportunities to gain challenging work experience
and steady growth potential for their careers.
We are currently searching for a Environment, Health and Safety
(EHS) Engineer. The position will support facilities in the
Northeast US and numerous Project locations while reporting to the
VP of Quality and EHS for Primetals Technologies USA. This position
is responsible to ensure a safe and healthful working environment
is maintained for Primetals Technologies team members and
contractors in our locations as well as project sites while
ensuring compliance to all federal, state, and local regulatory
- Enforce Primetals Technologies safety and environmental
policies and procedures in compliance with local, state, and
federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and
Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) rules and regulations.
- Work with project management teams and on-site project team
members to develop and implement solutions to safety related issues
on project sites while also visiting active project sites to assess
ongoing work conditions to ensure compliance.
- Provide programs to train supervisors, managers, team members
and subcontractors on issues related to safety and environmental
such as safety practices, fire prevention, and proper handling
techniques for chemicals, toxins, equipment, and other materials
including action plans, communications, and safety strategy
- Lead a cross functional team to audit for specific safety and
environmental compliance at the workstation utilizing employee
involvement, management, and other safety professionals.
- Enforce Primetals Technologies environmental programs and waste
disposal in accordance with federal, state, and local
- Be part of a Safety/Environmental Team that is comprised of a
cross section of the organization, receives training in relevant
areas of EH&S, meets monthly, and works towards organizational
goals and safety auditing and partnership with all other EHS teams
- Motivate and provide training to employees in safety &
environmental areas such as personal protection equipment, fire
prevention, emergency plans for response, evacuation, hazardous
materials, machine guarding, hazardous materials (labeling and
storage), electrical safety, material handling, laser safety,
overhead cranes, and suspended loads.
- Self-audit facilities to detect potential accident and health
hazards. Develop corrective and/or preventative measures where
indicated, and report on and assure corrective actions are
implemented to assure the safety of team members.
- Direct injury investigations and cooperate in the preparation
of material and evidence for company use in hearings, lawsuits, and
- Support programs and systems that track and evaluate worker
injuries that include the compiling and submission of accident
reports required by regulatory agencies.
- Evaluate and implement training programs to assure Primetals
Technologies team members and contractor safety on site.
- Maintain records of recordable, lost time, near misses then
perform analysis and root causes and implement corrective action
plan to reduce future occurrences.
- Maintain working knowledge of new technologies and/or
regulations developed by the industry and governmental agencies
- Manage and administer Worker' Compensation as directed by the
VP of Quality and EHS
- Overnight travel (up to 40%) by land and/or air.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental
and company goals.
- Contribute to building a positive team spirit.
- Communicate effectively with employees and management at all
- Protect confidential information by not communicating,
disclosing to, or using for benefit of third parties.
- Always maintain the highest degree of honesty and integrity
- Education and/or Experience: Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from
four-year college or university; and at least three (3) years
related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of
education and experience.
- Language Skills : Ability to read, analyze, and interpret
general business periodicals, professional journals, technical
procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports,
business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to
effectively present information and respond to questions from
groups of managers, clients, customers, and the public.
- Reasoning Ability : Ability to define problems, collect data,
establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret
an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or
diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete
- Computer Skills : Knowledge of database software; risk
management software; project management software; spreadsheet
software and word processing software.
Primetals Technologies offers a full range of benefits starting
with first day of employment. Relocation will be available to
candidates based on experience and position. If you want to learn
more about Primetals Technologies, visit our website!
At Primetals Technologies, we value difference for the benefit of
our Employees, our Customers and our Community. Primetals
Technologies is committed to equal employment opportunity
regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national
origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status,
disability, or gender identity.
Keywords: Primetals Technologies., Warren , Environmental Health & Safety Engineer Specialist, Other , Warren, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!