Buyer - Indirect Material, Electric Vehicles
Company: Foxconn-PCE Technology
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Job DescriptionAbout CompanyEstablished in Taiwan in 1974,
Foxconn Technology Group (Foxconn) is the world's largest
electronics manufacturer. Foxconn is also the leading technological
solution provider, and it continuously leverages its expertise in
software and hardware to integrate its unique manufacturing systems
with emerging technologies. By capitalizing on its expertise in
Cloud Computing, Mobile Devices, IoT, Big Data, AI, Smart Networks,
and Robotics / Automation, the Group has expanded not only its
capabilities into the development of electric vehicles, digital
health and robotics, but also three key technologies –AI,
semiconductors and new-generation communications technology – which
are key to driving its long-term growth strategy and the four core
product pillars: Consumer Products, Enterprise Products, Computing
Products and Components and Others.About JobDo you think Electric
Vehicles are cool? Are you someone who wants to make a difference?
This might be the opportunity for you!As a key member of the
procurement team, you will be responsible for supply continuity,
maintaining relationships with supplier partners and leveraging
your skills on cost optimization.This position is for a Buyer
focused on the procurement of indirect materials for the assembly
plant located in Lordstown, Ohio. This candidate will be reporting
to the Manager, Procurement – Indirect Materials. The candidate as
assigned will support either day to day MRO related or
Manufacturing services or CapEx related projects.This role provides
exciting opportunity for the candidate to be part of the Foxconn's
EV journey and grow with it. Job Responsibilities
- Develop Sourcing strategy for the assigned Indirect purchasing
- Assess current baseline state and define future optimal state
for the assigned Indirect spend category.
- Collaborate with internal process partners/customers to
establish MRO strategy.
- Send RFx, negotiate pricing, delivery schedules, payment terms,
confidentiality agreements, master purchase agreements, and others
as required with suppliers.
- Track and monitor key performance indicators of suppliers.
- Implements purchasing policies and procedures, monitors the
same and enhances by continuous process improvement
- Monitor, assess and mitigate supply chain risk.
- Develop and manage supplier relations, conduct periodic
business/performance reviews for continued improvement of
- Partner with legal to negotiate commercial contracts/agreements
- Partner with Accounting to resolve any financial commitments to
- Identify top problem suppliers, lead, and collaborate with
respective cross functional teams for continuous improvement.
- Approve requisitions, Issue purchase orders/scheduling
agreements, set up new vendors.Education and Ideal Experience
- A minimum three years of experience in procurement filed
- Bachelor's Degree (B.S.) in Supply Chain, Finance, Mechanical,
Electrical, Industrial Engineering or similar degree from an
accredited college or university required.
- CSCP, CPM or CPP certification is a plus.
- Experience working with ERP system. SAP experience is a
- Ability to read and interpret drawings/technical
- Speak effectively before groups of customers, suppliers, or
employees of the organization.
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written and
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
Project, etc.).Preferences and Qualifications
- The successful candidate for this position must have a broad
technical background with the ability to work with engineering,
manufacturing, suppliers across a wide variety of issues.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills are an absolute
requirement to establish and maintain professional, effective
working relationship within and outside the company.
- Must be self-directed with exceptional time management,
prioritization, and organizational skills; Strong project
management skills to keep team and actions on track to
- Knowledge of automotive assembly plant maintenance, repairs,
and operations requirements.
- Proven experience working with suppliers, including new
launches, and improving underperforming suppliers through supplier
- Demonstrated hands-on approach, analytical abilities, and
attention to detail.
- Strong background in contract negotiation.
- Motivated to learn and develop incredible on-the-job
experience.Work Environment and Physical Demands
- The factory has both office area and shop floor area. The noise
level in the office area is generally quiet. Wearing of personal
protective equipment's (PPE) when visiting the shop floor or when
visiting a supplier's manufacturing locations is required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Travel is minimal (10%) for this position.Compensation &
- Robust health, vision, and dental plans
- Competitive market salary
- Vacation plans and paid time-off
- Retirement and matching 401K
- Family and life insurance optionsFoxconn provides equal
employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law
requirements, Foxconn complies with applicable state and local laws
governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in
which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms
and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring,
placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer,
leaves of absence, compensation, and training.Powered by
Keywords: Foxconn-PCE Technology, Warren , Buyer - Indirect Material, Electric Vehicles, Professions , Warren, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!