Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job Title Maintenance Electrician/Mechanic Requisition # 1046
Description Do you have a strong work ethic and the desire to join
an organization that invests in its people through cross-training
and development? ClarkDietrich, a leading manufacturer of
cold-formed steel framing and interior and exterior finishing
products in North America, fosters a work-life balance and offers
competitive compensation and benefits. Join the ClarkDietrich team
by applying to the Maintenance Electrician/Mechanic position at our
Warren East, OH location. SUMMARY The overall role of the
Maintenance n Electrician/Mechanic is to maintain the entire
plant's production equipment electrical systems and install new
electrical devices and controls without supervision in order to
improve the safety, productivity, and quality of the facility. The
employee will also be expected to perform repair and preventative
maintenance work on equipment per the preventive maintenance
schedule. Specifically to mills, stackers, slitter, upenders,
cutoffs, conveyors, hadleys, and other items as directed by
supervisor. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follows all the safety procedures per the Company Regulations
and also the State and Federal Regulations (NFPA70E, OSHA,
- Implements, Upgrades, Troubleshoots, Repairs, Maintains, and
Installs the control systems to help improve the safety,
productivity, and quality of the facility.
- Reads, edits, and creates PLC Ladder Logic as it relates to the
operation & modification of our production equipment.
- Maintains the entire plant's production equipment electrical
systems and installs new electrical devices and controls without
- Performs preventative maintenance and routine inspections of
all control systems.
- Responsible for maintaining the backup documentation for the
settings on all pieces of equipment within the facility.
- Communicates with operators to assist with solutions or repair
of electrical problems.
- Has a solid understanding of all the Mechanical, Pneumatic, and
Hydraulic Systems of the equipment that comprises its
- Participates in the creation and implementation of training
programs for other maintenance employees or operators when changes
or new control system are implemented.
- Ability to Weld, Burn, & Cut
- Performs necessary machinery mechanical modifications and
- Gathers information for new and/or existing equipment
- Assists in keeping inventory levels stable
- Works with vendors and consultants to troubleshoot and repair
electrical and control related issues.
- Performs MIG and Stick welding for plant machinery repairs.
- Works safely and follows all safety rules and operational
- Properly inspects equipment and completes any forms as
- Wears and maintains all required PPE.
- Understands all safety devices and their operation.
- Keeps maintenance department clean, organized and safe.
- Completes required paperwork for use with portable welding
equipment and ladders. Requirements QUALIFICATIONS
- Problem solver and Team oriented.
- Able to work with people, strong work ethic, must be capable of
multi-tasking in a fast paced environment, strong communication
skills, must be able to read and write and be able to stay focused.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- At least 5 years of experience in an environment with high tech
- Prior manufacturing, maintenance, electrical and mechanical
- High school/GED or Trade school in machines
- The military equivalent will be recognized in lieu of education
and/or experience. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Lifting-Up to 50 pounds
- Standing-8 or more hours per day
- Walking-Off and on, 4-6 hours per day
- Body Positions-Sitting, Standing, Walking
- Grasping-Both hands, up to 8 hours per day
- Pushing Effort-Occasionally
- Climb up and down stairs-Occasionally
- Kneeling- Occasionally
- Stooping- Occasionally
- Bending-Occasionally MATHEMATICAL SKILLS
- Basic mathematical skills, addition, subtraction,
multiplication and converting fractions into decimals. Must be able
to use and read a tape measure, caliper, and micrometer, dial bore
gauge, and various other precision measurement equipment. WORK
- Manufacturing facility - exposed to heat and cold
- Personal Protective Equipment required at all times
- Controlled Noise exposure
- Activity level is high - continuous movement CLARKDIETRICH
- Full benefits package (Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible
Spending Accounts and Life Insurance)
- 401(k) with company match
- Annual Incentive
- Paid Time Off
Keywords: ClarkDietrich, Warren , Maintenance Electrician/Mechanic, Professions , Warren, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!